Thursday, January 21, 2010

I Love College

I have had the unique experience of having an internship that is based solely on what I want to do with my life. As I have mentioned before, I found this internship over the summer because it is focused on something I am passionate about: International relations. If I have learned anything from the people at IPJ it is that I want to do something with my life that I am passionate about and not something that will just paid the bills. I have truly enjoyed my experience my time working at this non-profit. It is evident that everyone here is passionate about what they are doing. Not only are they passionate but they are enthusiastic and committed to the work that they do. Tomorrow is the big project I have been working towards, the Youth Town Meeting, for the last two weeks and I am extremely excited to see it all plays out. Everyone that has been working with Sam and I with the WorldLink program has been great and I admire each of their dedication to solving global issues.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear how the Youth Town Meeting went Kaylen! I went a few years ago and was so impressed. I know what you mean about being around people who are passionate about what they do. That has been my impression from all of my site visits so far -- people doing what they are passionate about! I'm looking forward to visiting next week!

    ReplyDelete